Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Snowfall...by KM Peyton

This is a really nice book. It is set in the late 1800s/ early 1900s I think. It is about a girl called Charlotte, who has lived her whole life as a 'good girl' with her grandfather. When she was almost made to marry this man who she absolutely revolts, she had to put her foot down. When her brother, whos travelled all over the country, came in for a visit, she saw her way of escape. Lying to her grandfather, she sets off to the mountains, to hike with her brother and his friends.
The book is amazing...well-written, not very action packed, but really easy going; with conflicts of the mind, hopeless loves, friendship...friendship is a main aspect of the book I think. The book really grabbed my attenion from the start, and its very intriguing, I couldnt put it down once I had started. Its a heartwarming tale, of love and friendship, and a story that I will really remember. The characters are so varient, so real, and develop throughout the story. You really feel like you KNOW the characters. There is a cold, cruel twist at the end...not saying anything more about it, but it leaves you horrified and in tears.
The book has subtle humour, a tragic romance, a nice plot, everything that I love about a story. I guess this is more of a girly book, but anyone can read the book and enjoy it, (unless they're into the really hardcore science fictiony books) and I give it a two thumbs up.

No comments: