Friday, March 6, 2009

The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time - Mark Haddon







Hi everyone,






I just finished reading The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Night Time again (just to refresh my memory) and boy is it great!






A very absorbing, perceptive and original book in my opinion, well written in first person. Also has a lot of choicy swear words!






Christopher Boone is a 15 year old living in England. He has 'aspergers syndrome' a form of autism. He enjoys maths, playing minesweeper and spending time with his rat Toby.






One day, he finds his neighbour's dog dead (stabbed with a garden fork). Christopher is intrigued and decides to investigate, against the wishes of his father. What he soon discovers is the secret of his mother, and his childhood!!! Will he ever be able to trust anyone again?






Read and find out!!! A great murder/mystery novel.






8/10 from me!!!

2 comments:

Carmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen said...

Hmm.. there was no "edit comment" option so I deleted previous and is posting this one..

Hahaha.. a bit of an old blog post I know, but still.. have to say, "loves minesweeper" that.. so reminds me of me *cough*

Latest minesweeper score: 102 seconds on expert level (a friend told me if I got under 100 seconds they'd buy me a cookie ><... ahh.. missing by 2 seconds)

Might try reading that book later for that reason.. and that a lot of people have recommended it to me I suppose, just haven't ever gotten round to reading it.