Monday, March 30, 2009

The Day of the Triffids

This book is renowned for it terrifying picture of the world without sight. Where the genetically engineered triffids roam the earth killing people and waiting for them to disintegrate so they can eat then. Although I do agree it was quite a good book I think I may have become a bit too inured to violence. I could see how this world could be bad I didn't get entirely drawn into the plot. It was just kind of depressing. Especially some of the scenes when people gave up on their lives completely. Though this is a stunningly accurate portryal of how people are likely to react, throwing aside the idea that humans are resilient and revealing the truth of how reliant we as a race are on our vision.

I would still recommend you read it just to form your own viewpoint.

No comments: