Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Henry and the Flea - Brian Falkner


Hi everyone,


I read Brian Falkner's book "Henry and the Flea" to find out about his writing style and get an idea about the type of books he writes.

I quite liked Henry and the Flea. It was just a fun, effortless book to read, not too babyish and yet not too serious for teens, just something to read for pure fun and enjoyment.


It's about a boy called Daniel who has this 'super power' if you like, and uses it to get on to the team of the NZ Warriors. There he makes a valuable friend who teaches him valuable lessons about teen life, and helps him to deal with his teen problems. Read the book to find out more!


I reckon it'd appeal to a wide audience, particularly boys because it's every boy's dream to be a famous rugby player. And because it deals with a really common problem (splitting time between friends and other things), it's worth a read because you may find an answer to your own dilemma.


All in all, I think it's a great read, and give it 7/10. Recommend it to boys in the book club who like rugby.

6 comments:

Carmen said...

I like this review, I vote for this one =)

origami said...

I like this book very much.

Library staff said...

I vote for this one. Freya

shortsqueakysailor said...

i will read this ABDUL

shortsqueakysailor said...

i vote for this 1

Library staff said...

I like this review I vote for it
Thomas